Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Our Winter Book Basket

My little ones are just now getting to the age where they will sit and listen to a book be read to them, prior to this month we have just done puppet plays.  Recently we were stuck on the house do to an ice storm that transformed the farm into a freezing, muddy swamp.  It was a great day for baking and curling up on the couch, under the blankets, with a book.  I decided I would try and read "The Tomten" to them since they already have a great love for The Tomten performed as a puppet play.  Much to my surprise not only did they sit and listen to the entire book, they requested that I read it to them over and over and even asked for it the next morning.  It became clear to me, it was time for our first book basket.


I filled the basket with winter themed books we already had and ordered an illustrated version of another one of our favorite puppet plays, "The Mitten".

These are the books in our basket:






No comments:

Post a Comment